Tripartite partners unveil plan to transform the HR industry in Singapore
Ministry of Manpower
10 July 2017
- The Human Resource (HR) Industry Manpower Plan was unveiled by Minister, Prime Minister’s Office and Second Minister for Manpower and Second Minister for Foreign Affairs, Mrs Josephine Teo today. More than 1,300 HR industry stakeholders and partners attending the event had the opportunity to learn, first-hand, about the key initiatives to transform the industry so as to better support Singapore’s next phase of growth.
- HR industry transformation underpins the efforts of the 23 ITMs
- Technological disruptions, evolving business operations, and a changing workforce profile are placing new demands on our people and industries.
- The HR industry, comprising about 43,000 HR professionals and the HR services sector, is a key enabler to help people adapt and grow, and industries transform and grow in our future economy. It underpins the efforts of the 23 Industry Transformation Maps (ITMs) to promote growth and competitiveness in key sectors and create good jobs for Singaporeans.
- The HR Industry Manpower Plan aims to transform the HR industry to be the key to unlock the potential of our people and businesses for future growth. 3 strategies will help achieve this vision:
- Strengthen the HR profession
- Enhance HR support for employers
- Nurture a vibrant HR services sector and HR eco-system
- With the right people policies and HR support, employees will have every opportunity to keep adapting and growing as our economy transforms. Businesses in all 23 ITM sectors, by working closely with future-ready HR teams, will have the capability and capacity to stay competitive.
- Tripartite partners committed to support HR industry transformation
- The tripartite partners have welcomed the unveiling of the HR Industry Manpower Plan as a timely and essential development that will support employees and employers in Singapore’s next phase of growth. The tripartite partners will continue to play a key role in partnering the HR industry to ensure the successful implementation of the HR Industry Manpower Plan.
- For more details on the various initiatives tripartite partners and other key industry stakeholders have put in place in the past year, or are in the pipeline, to support the 3 strategic thrusts of the HRIMP, please refer to Annex A.
- Ms Mary Liew, President, National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) said, “Businesses are being disrupted in the way they operate today. To overcome new challenges, HR professionals must work closely with tripartite stakeholders to safeguard a good industrial relations climate, and find solutions together to adapt to changing industry trends, understand employees’ evolving needs and expectations, and provide better careers and development opportunities for our working people.”
- Ms Goh Swee Chen, Vice-President, Singapore National Employers Federation (SNEF) and Chairman, IHRP, said, “Employers have a key role to play in the HR Industry Manpower Plan to develop and establish HR professionals as strategic partners in progressing our human capital in tandem with the transformation of the economy. SNEF will assist employers to deepen the skills of their HR to build organisational capabilities to enable their companies to thrive in the future economy.”Source: Ministry of Manpower